Here you an view a selection of Useful Links from Equals.
If you would like to include a link on the Equals website
please email email@example.com
Autism Education Trust
• The Autism Education Trust is dedicated to coordinating, supporting and promoting effective education practice for all children and young people on the autism spectrum.
- Information and Advice for Parents and Professionals
British Institute of Learning Disabilities
• Bild are committed to improving the quality of life for people with learning disabilities. Their vision is a world where people with learning disabilities are accepted as equal citizens with the potential to make a positive contribution to our communities.
Department for Educationwww.education.gov.uk/
- The Department for Education is responsible for education and children’s services. Find out about the academies programme which provides schools with greater freedoms to innovate and raise standards.
The Hextol Foundation
- To improve the lives of people with disabilities, and who may have other advantages by creatingemployment opportunities, providing education and training and developing other charitable forms of support as required.
HEADS, Education and Development Services
• Facilitates regional training and hosts conferences and workshops on a wide range of SEN related top
The voice for learning disability.
• Mencap work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and their services support people to live life as they choose. Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
NASEN – Helping Everyone Achieve
• An organisation aiming to promote the education, training, advancement and development of everyone with special and additional support needs.
• Ofsted inspects and regulates care for children and young people and inspects education and
training for learners of all ages.
Priory Woods School
• An all age community special school situated in east Middlesbrough. Prior Woods school provides a quality, inclusive education for pupils with severe learning difficulties and those with profound and multiple needs.
• The official UK body and international consultancy for Rebound Therapy with founder
Eddy Anderson, MCSP Cert Ed. Responsible for the development and delivery of validated and certificated staff training courses.
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
Supporting blind and partially sighted people
• RNIB offers support to education professionals working with blind and partially sighted learners from birth to 25, including those with complex needs.
Improving Quality of Life
• Designers of protective wear for children and adults.
• SEN Magazine is the UK’s leading journal for Special Educational Needs. Useful and thought-provoking articles written by specialists in the field. Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Sherborne Association UK is a non-profit-making registered charity and part of an international organisation that is dedicated to maximising the abilities of all people with and without disabilities, through the medium of movement. It was formed to continue and promote the work of Veronica Sherborne. The Association runs courses to instruct interested people in the use of Sherborne Developmental Movement in appropriate settings, often working with people with learning difficulties. These courses are suitable for Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Care workers etc.
Special Kids In The UK
• Special kids in the UK is a charity for families who have a child of any age with special needs.
The Down’s Syndrome Association
• Helping people with Down’s syndrome to live full and rewarding lives. They provide information and support for people with Down’s syndrome, their families and carers and the professionals who work with them.
Widgit – Software Solutions for Inclusion
• Communicate: In Print templates and training materials on making your school or
centre “communication friendly”.
Williams Syndrome Foundation
• An organisation for individuals with Williams syndrome, their families and professionals needing
support and information regarding the syndrome. Williams syndrome is a rare disorder. Like Downs
Syndrome it is caused by an abnormality in chromosomes, and shows a wide variation in abilities from person to person.