Pre-formal Approaches to Teaching Learners
with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
24th March 2023
Sunningdale School in Sunderland
The day will feature a series of talks and workshops from experienced and respected practitioners and researchers in the field
of teaching those with profound and multiple learning difficulties including:
- Dr Lila Kossyvaki (Birmingham University/Equals)
- Rosie Rushton (Birmingham University)
- Peter Imray (Equals)
- Joanna Grace (The Sensory Project)
- Kathleen Barnes (Birmingham University)
Workshops will cover:
- sensory stories
- the importance of touch
- music as a means of communication
- the use of sensory spaces.
The day will provide an opportunity to reflect on approaches and to network with others interested in the learning of those with PMLD.
“This National Conference hosted in the North East of England is a rare opportunity for individuals to engage
with a learning and development event centred solely on sharing up to date practice an ideas related to pre-formal learners”.
This event costs £200. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.