EQUALS have now been offering its services to schools for 20 years. In this time it has built up a strong record in supporting teachers to apply the principles of government guidelines to curriculum development for pupils with learning difficulties. Members of the EQUALS Executive have been involved in a number of projects seeking to influence the development of new national initiatives.
By being a member of EQUALS you can inform our Executive of issues that affect the pupils in your school and we in turn can raise the issues with the government etc.
The strength of EQUALS is that it is managed by teachers, for teachers. It is a professional organisation that seeks to deliver the highest standards of education to pupils with learning difficulties, by interpreting and contributing to the development of government policies. EQUALS endeavours to respond quickly to provide focused seminars, workshops and teaching materials that enhance teacher practices in the classroom.
EQUALS is a registered charity, committed to supporting the work of teachers of pupils with profound, multiple and severe learning difficulties. EQUALS is non-profit making and has to self finance all of its activities.
Aims of EQUALS
EQUALS Aims To:
- Promote the highest standards of education for pupils with learning difficulties.
- Influence the educational practice and policy at local, regional and national levels by consulting and liasing with the government and other SEN organisations.
- Support teachers in applying governmental policy in the education of children with learning difficulties.
- Foster high quality innovation practice, through the publication of relevant and rigorous support materials.
- Advance the entitlement of pupils with learning difficulties to equality of opportunity.
- Facilitate the rights of pupils to speak for themselves.
- Voice the concerns of teachers and head teachers.
- Arrange conferences and best practice workshops with nationally recognised speakers.
- Provide members with regular and relevant updates on new initiatives.
- Curriculum teaching materials including Schemes of Work.
- Manage 14-19 Accreditation Schemes.
- Maintain a website.
Your support is our future
By being a member of EQUALS you are supporting our ability to provide professional support that develops initiatives so that they can be applied to pupils with arrange of learning difficulties.
Subscription entitles members to early information about new initiatives and priority booking for national conferences. Members also receive exclusive invitations to workshops; discounts on conferences, workshops and publications.