Training & Consultancy
EQUALS can offer in-house training in a number of areas of expertise. Our trainers have spent many years in the field of special needs education and have wide experience and knowledge in a number of key areas:
- All areas relating to PMLD, SLD, and ASD including curriculum development.
- Drama for SLD children, teenagers or adults.
- Music for EYF.
- Sensory Storytelling and drama for PMLD.
- Music for young people with SEN.
- English literature, particularly poetry and plays.
- Motor Planning Training
Trainers: Kathryn Crosby, Peter Imray or Rachel Gardner
- Positive behaviour support and behaviour for learning with vulnerable and challenging young people.
- Challenging Behaviour
Trainers: Dr John Cornwall or Peter Imray
Therapeutic and Holistic Approaches
- Therapeutic education practices and emotional needs in school.
- Music4Wellbeing – psychology and practice for all comers
- Massage for SEN (Story Massage, Massage in Schools Programme and Baby Massage).
- Teaching with a holistic approach.
- Stress Management
Trainers: Dr John Cornwall, Kathryn Crosby or Rachel Gardner.
Larri Annis and Susie Ekins – Stress Management
ICT and Communication
- Primary Computing
- Sensory Music for communication with SLD, PMLD and ASD students.
- iPad apps and tablets to support communication and learning.
- Assistive Technologies for SEN/D
- Specialist software for PC’s including First Keys, Symwriter, Communicate in Print, Communicate Ideas, Clicker 7, Grid 2, Read and Write Gold.
- Using creativity to enable and enhance communication and expression.
- Augmentative And Alternative Communication.
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS).
- Use of digital media
- Online learning
Trainers: Marion Stanton or Kathryn Crosby.
- Organisational change, leadership, teamwork and human relations (including stress management).
- Ofsted framework
- Curriculum Management.
- Head Teacher Performance Management.
- Stress Management
Trainers: Dr John Cornwall, Larri Annis, Susie Ekins or David Muir
- Assessing Pupil Progress and Target Setting.
Trainers: Peter Imray
- Profound, severe and complex learning difficulties, including cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Deaf education
Trainers: Pamela Gudgin, Peter Imray or David Muir
- Publications (SEN and Mainstream)
Trainers: Pamela Gudgin
Sherborne Developmental Movement
- Training in Sherborne Developmental Movement
- Application of SDM in Autism, PMLD, mainstream, MLD etc.
Trainers: From various International Course Leaders – Sherborne Association UK.
As soon as we receive a completed registration form, we will contact a trainer that meets your specific needs.
Cost for 1 day’s training: £500 + (and expenses of trainer). Fee is negotiable.