EQUALS Summer Conference
Gaining and Maintaining ‘Outstanding’ Status
EQUALS held a national conference ‘Gaining and Maintaining ‘Outstanding’ status’ on the 1st July 2016 in Central London, which was relevant to professionals working in the education sector particularly School Leaders, School Governors and Local Authority Officers. It provided delegates with the opportunity to explore how Ofsted evaluates outstanding practice, what makes a school outstanding and by looking at two case studies, one school’s journey from special measures to outstanding, and how Swiss Cottage School by embedding a positive culture and professional learning community maintains its outstanding status.
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Find out from an Ofsted perspective how inspectors judge the effectiveness of outcomes, teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and leadership and management.
- Listen to Head Teacher, Debbie Gerring, on how she moved forward Bennerley Fields School, Derbyshire from ‘requires improvement’ to ‘outstanding’.
- Listen to Associate Principal, Vijita Patel on how Swiss Cottage School maintains ‘Outstanding’ status.
- Find out more about the Equals Scheme of Work project and critique sample copies of particular schemes of work.
- Network with like-minded professionals.
- ‘Very Useful Conference – great to have SEN only together. Keep up the great work’
- ‘HMI input very useful. Useful to hear from other schools / HTs / students speak’
- ‘Useful day, thank you’
- ‘Excited about new curriculum’
Aspects of the conference that delegates found most useful
- ‘Ofsted framework and link to school practice, Swiss Cottage presentation’
- ‘Broad and balanced views of others. Good to hear from HMI and other special schools’
- ‘Ofsted presentation, Swiss Cottage and Peter Imray all informative’
- ‘Vijita’s presentation included aspects of aspirational practice’
- ‘I liked hearing from pupils as well as staff from St. Martin’s’
- ‘Vijita Patel’s presentation was challenging’
The graph below illustrates customer feedback and satisfaction for the conference:
How satisfied were you with the content of the course?